Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Previous Valentine's March

Yuris and The Men's Banner
This year I wasn't able to attend the 8th Annual Memorial March for All Missing and Murdered held on Valentine's day. I wish I had gone but I've learned that I need to accept when I can't participate in everything all the time. 

From what I've seen in the media it was a successful march. I always regret reading the comments on any article relating to indigenous issues or events. They make me loose my faith in humanity. 

These photos were taken in 2012 at one of the evening marches. The quality of photos are not that great. Since I began to document my experiences in art and activism I can see my learning curve. 

David Jacks helping to carry the banner.
I remember I attended this march instead of going to an evening class.  The week before I announced this march was happening, I thought it was appropriate since it was intro to Native Studies. 


Portage ave.
A sign I liked
The name I carried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!