Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winnipeg Folk Festival 2011

July was a fantastic and busy month for me.  The Men's Banner Project was one of the Winnipeg Folk Festival's Campground Art and Animation projects. I created and exhibited a Men's Banner, a process that took place throughout the five days of the festival. 

I love folk fest and have been going every summer for most of my life. I always camp in the festival campground; it becomes an amazing tented village.  There’s always music being played and some form of art or animation happening all through the night.  It’s a beautiful experience. I thought it would be the perfect place to bring this idea of men acknowledging their peacefulness and their very powerful role in creating a non-violent world. I believe that folk fest has always had an undercurrent of solidarity, peacefulness, acceptance, tolerance, neighborliness beyond the sharing of good music and fun times.

Here are a few pictures highlighting the whole week.  


K. D. Lang Main Stage Performance




Festival Campground




Tipi Village in Festival Campground
Beautiful sunrise letting campers know they stayed up way too late

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!